Autor Tema: Atun rojo de 204 kg. domingo en Nueva Zelanda  (Leído 4298 veces)

Desconectado usuario

• Fundador
  • Ha sido agradecido: 31 veces
  • La Coruña
    • http://www.pescasub.com
Atun rojo de 204 kg. domingo en Nueva Zelanda
« en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 09:45:45 am »

El pasado domingo un par de pescadores capturaron un atún de 200 kilos haciendo pesca submarina. La salida de pesca era específicamente por atunes y estaban preparados, aunque en la historia cuentan que esta pieza era el mas pequeño del grupo y el que mejor disparo ofreció. Habla de un atún el doble de grande que este dentro del grupo y de varios por encima de los 300 kilos.

PD: A Carlos y Dani les va a parecer familiar esta historia ...... ;-)

Historia en inglés :

http://www.wildblue.co.nz/divereports/

Dive Reports
GREYMOUTH 6.08.06

204 kg Bluefin Tuna, Greymouth, Sunday 6th August

I shot this fish from a school of 10 at 40 feet under the lifting hoki filled net of a Russian trawler 80 km off Greymouth in the Tasman Sea.  The trawler was retrieving the net and I dived under it letting the net pass over me and struggling to keep my line clear of my body and the net. A school of tuna were milling around under and behind the bag mopping up bits of hoki.  Almost immediately I was amongst them, directly under me was a horse, twice the size of the fish I landed, in front of me were some large tuna possibly 300 kg, passing to my left was a smaller fish presenting a lateral line shot, but not very close. I took the shot aiming the lateral line behind the head. The moment was a blur, with the fish arcing right and down, I was worried about he shot. The size of the fish makes hitting the spine difficult.

I had clipped two bungies to the spliced loop of braided cable that was attached to the riffe shaft. One bungy was 55ft the other 75 ft long, each had a Rob Allen hippo float attached.  The ice pick was attached to a shaft by braided cable that I had lengthened to match the depth of these fish.

In the water with me was Brandon Whiddett, a big man with incredible stamina, we had competed in three national competitions together, and on blue water hunting trips had landed marlin, yellowfin, and dogtooth tuna. Our communication in the water was as good as it gets. He waited on me, ferrying my riffe gun back to the boat, bringing a second gun. The fish was 40 metres below us and the pressure on the bungies had settled down to a constant strain, we were heading steadily south into a sloppy 1.5 metre sea. The boat was motoring to keep up.  Our tender was an 8.5m Protector which we had towed down from Auckland. We had secured the services of a local skipper Leigh Kelly, who runs a charter fishing business íƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒâ€¦í¢â‚¬Å“Wildcat chartersíƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒâ€ší‚. His local knowledge was essential to what we were doing. Also in the boat was Eddy Chignell, an accomplished skipper, spearo and fisherman. We had a small and skilled team.

In the water we discussed what to do and the considered the options, regularly testing the pressure on the bungies. It was decided not to try and lift the fish until it tired. The íƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒâ€¹í…“rulesíƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¾í‚¢ were not important to us, our only consideration was getting the fish in the boat. Brandon who dives for deeper and longer than I do, had my permission to dive and place a kill shot should it be necessary. After 30 minutes we started pulling in a foot of bungy at a time, Brandon on one float, me on the other. This went on for 10 minutes and we were not making any head way.

The fish began to tire and we were careful to keep the lift pressure constant until it was within range. I took BrandoníƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¾í‚¢s riffe gun and went down, as it came into view its head was slowly rising and it started to roll. The big fish was dying.  I could see that the first shot had hit the lateral line between the caudal dorsal and anal fin, about 2/3s back from the head. A tail shot. Like marlin, tuna have very large vertebrae and huge inter-vertebral discs. They do not swim by wagging their tails; if they did they would have large wide tails. Instead the muscles running length ways compress the spine increasing the rigidity of the fish, this raises the resonant frequency making the tail beats invisible like the ring of a tuning fork. The significance of the tail shot was two fold, firstly the size of vertebrae make them easier to hit in this part of the fish, secondly if you can break the rigidity of the column the fish caníƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¾í‚¢t generate the same thrust. It explained why the fish could not take the two hippos down into the depths.

I wasted no time in taking the second shot.  It was good, just below the pectoral fin, The fish shuddered and died. Brandon could see me rising through the water punching and whooping and screaming with the delight of the kill, I hit the surface to hear the others joining in. It was a moment I had often visualised, pouring over my copy of Blue Water Hunting by Terry Maas, checking and rechecking my equipment for weaknesses, questioning guys like Darren Shields and Paul Marlin that know about spearfishing. It had all come together and Brandon, Eddy and Leigh were part of it, and I realised the humans hunt best as a pack.

Now the fish had two riffe ice picks in it, but it was not on the boat. It was late in the day when I had shot the fish and overcast and gloomy, the southerly was rising and with it a 1.5m sea was running. The water colour was changing into shades of darkness; we had a long way to go home in an open boat (as far as the Three Kings is off shore). Diving to secure a rope on the tail I came up a foot short, returning to the surface wide-eyed at the size of the fish. Brandon followed with a longer rope and wrapped a few coils around the tail. There was no time for photos or poses, we were worried about sharks. Having come this far we had one thought. Secure the fish.

How do you get a 200kg fish over the pontoons of a small boat? This is where the experience of Eddy and Leigh came to bear.  A gaff under the chin, and side on to the oncoming sea used the rising waves to slide her in. It was not easy or safe. I lay in the boat beside the magnificent fish trying to comprehend it all. Eddy and Leigh took us home. It was dark when we got in, another group of spearos came alongside, as we collected ice from the wharf. We shared a good meal and drinks. 

The last thing to say is this. I was diving with a friend one day and he blacked out and died.  He was a very good diver, working hard to improve. Patience is essential to achieving spearfishing goals, building up over years not months to them, always putting safety first. Shooting Bluefin tuna off Greymouth is dangerous and not the best place to start bluewater hunting. 

Graham
Comunicame cualquier abuso que veas en el web.
Anímate a ponerte un avatar o una firma.
Usa el "perfil" arriba a la derecha para hacerlo

Desconectado ricky

• Usuario 250 - 999 posts
Re: Atun rojo de 204 kg. domingo en Nueva Zelanda
« Respuesta #1 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 09:58:11 am »
Lo que me impresiona es ler de como, una vez muerto el atun, perdieron tiempo en el amarrarlo y prepararlo para llevarselo... con toda la sangre que tenia que soltar, me recuerda la escena de Santiago en "el Viejo y el mar" de Hemingway.
Solo que ellos no tenian bote a vela. :)
"dime que quieres y te diríƒÂ¨ quien eres
dime quien eres y te diríƒÂ¨: -Que quieres?-"

Desconectado usuario

• Fundador
  • Ha sido agradecido: 31 veces
  • La Coruña
« Respuesta #2 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 10:56:22 am »
Efectivamente el atún tiene mucha sangre con respecto a su tamaño, como la mayoría de los túnidos. La necesita para alimentar de oxígeno y energía a sus músculos en el esfuerzo. Y es una sangre muy roja por la enorme cantidad de hemoglobina que tiene.

Esa sangre, si se deja dentro del atún hace que la carne tenga un sabor "peor" cuando se consume (sobre todo cruda). No me hagas mucho caso en eso porque no es que me guste excesivamente el shashimi (carne cruda), la verdad lo prefiero cocinado por cuestiones de costumbre gastronómica (con lo bueno que esta el "marmitako"). Por ello todos los pescadores comerciales que pueden hacerlo los desangran una vez capturados. Normalmente se les hacen dos incisiones en un punto muy concreto detrás de las aletas laterales en donde se encuentra a poca profundidad una de las arterias principales del pez. Desde que comienza a sangrar hasta que ya practicamente no lo hace transcurre uno o dos minutos. En un pez de 200 kilos me imagino que se verterían sobre 12-15 litros de sangre y que unos 5 litros más permanecerían en partes de su sistema circulatorio, mas o menos.

En las fotos publicadas de surafrica podeis ver exactamente el punto donde se hacen esas incisiones y tengo un video en donde se las hago dentro del agua a un atún recién capturado (eso fue un error aprendido al ver el video ya que mejor no hacerlo en el agua si existe la posibilidad de atraer tiburones).
Comunicame cualquier abuso que veas en el web.
Anímate a ponerte un avatar o una firma.
Usa el "perfil" arriba a la derecha para hacerlo

Desconectado ricky

• Usuario 250 - 999 posts
« Respuesta #3 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 11:26:06 am »
Dicen que los atunes viven nadando sin pararse nunca y que no duerman tampoco; como con el cerdo hay que desangrarlo en siguida para que no se contamine la carne.
Uno de los motivos por los cuales en Italia el precio del asíƒÆ’í†â€™íƒâ€ší‚¬ dicho pez blanco (lubinas, doradas, sargos, etc) ha siempre sido alto, y que ese tipo de pescado se ha siempre considerado de calidad superior, es por que su carne es muy poco vascolarizada y queda de un color muy claro, contrariamente al "pescado azul" (atun, espada, serviola, etc) que tiene carne oscura.
Entonces de más facil conservacion, no solamente con un mejor sabor.
Probablemente es algo que se origeníƒÆ’í†â€™íƒâ€ší‚² en el pasado, cuando los freezers no existian y la conservacion del pescado era un problema serio. Pescados sangrientos se podrian pronto, pescados blancos duravan un rato más... Y se transmitiíƒÆ’í†â€™íƒâ€ší‚² en la cultura popular.
"dime que quieres y te diríƒÂ¨ quien eres
dime quien eres y te diríƒÂ¨: -Que quieres?-"

juancarmona

• Visitante
« Respuesta #4 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 11:31:28 am »
Y yo pegando tiros a sargos de 1k  ??? ??? ???

Izand

• Visitante
« Respuesta #5 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 12:43:06 pm »
Ya me contó Carlos (videOcean) las cosillas que se les hacían a los atunes al embarcarlos  ::)

Sobre la captura, es un pez impresionante  :)

Desconectado Fabian

• Usuario 1.000 - 4.999 posts
« Respuesta #6 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 04:33:46 pm »
Joer...joer...joer..... :o :o :o....si esque siempre me pasa lo mismo cuando veo estas fotos....me parece que lo que yo pesco no tiene interes niguno al lado de estos peces....que desfase!.

Un saludo.

Fabian :o
Lo importante es disfrutar!!!!.

Hazte socio de ADECASUB...es nuestro futuro.

Pau

• Visitante
« Respuesta #7 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 07:19:15 pm »
Bufffffff  :o

Desconectado Asturven

• Ha sido agradecido: 2 veces
« Respuesta #8 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 07:40:28 pm »
Al principio me asuste al ver un Atun de 200 kilos, pensando que se trataba de un Aleta Amarilla, despues pudel ver que se referian a un aleta azul.

Para esta especie un ejemplar de 200 kilos no es nada extraordinario, ya que superan en ocasiones los 600 kilos.

Que bueno por los Kiwis que pueden pescar esos ejemplares en sus aguas, en la mayoria del resto del planeta estan prohibida su captura.

Buen Sushi.....

Ivan

Desconectado Mario Raul Ramos

• Usuario 50 - 249 posts
« Respuesta #9 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 08:19:19 pm »
Tremenda pieza,  :o y uno que se cree que pesca, jejjej
El mar es como los padres, debemos amarlo, pero a la vez respetarlo

kara-yo

• Visitante
« Respuesta #10 en: 09 de Agosto de 2006, 08:27:39 pm »
 "Dive Reports
GREYMOUTH 6.08.06

204 kg Bluefin Tuna, Greymouth, Sunday 6th August

I shot this fish from a school of 10 at 40 feet under the lifting hoki filled net of a Russian trawler 80 km off Greymouth in the Tasman Sea.  The trawler was retrieving the net and I dived under it letting the net pass over me and struggling to keep my line clear of my body and the net. A school of tuna were milling around under and behind the bag mopping up bits of hoki.  Almost immediately I was amongst them, directly under me was a horse, twice the size of the fish I landed, in front of me were some large tuna possibly 300 kg, passing to my left was a smaller fish presenting a lateral line shot, but not very close. I took the shot aiming the lateral line behind the head. The moment was a blur, with the fish arcing right and down, I was worried about he shot. The size of the fish makes hitting the spine difficult.

I had clipped two bungies to the spliced loop of braided cable that was attached to the riffe shaft. One bungy was 55ft the other 75 ft long, each had a Rob Allen hippo float attached.  The ice pick was attached to a shaft by braided cable that I had lengthened to match the depth of these fish.

In the water with me was Brandon Whiddett, a big man with incredible stamina, we had competed in three national competitions together, and on blue water hunting trips had landed marlin, yellowfin, and dogtooth tuna. Our communication in the water was as good as it gets. He waited on me, ferrying my riffe gun back to the boat, bringing a second gun. The fish was 40 metres below us and the pressure on the bungies had settled down to a constant strain, we were heading steadily south into a sloppy 1.5 metre sea. The boat was motoring to keep up.  Our tender was an 8.5m Protector which we had towed down from Auckland. We had secured the services of a local skipper Leigh Kelly, who runs a charter fishing business íƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒâ€¦í¢â‚¬Å“Wildcat chartersíƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒâ€ší‚. His local knowledge was essential to what we were doing. Also in the boat was Eddy Chignell, an accomplished skipper, spearo and fisherman. We had a small and skilled team.

In the water we discussed what to do and the considered the options, regularly testing the pressure on the bungies. It was decided not to try and lift the fish until it tired. The íƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒâ€¹í…“rulesíƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¾í‚¢ were not important to us, our only consideration was getting the fish in the boat. Brandon who dives for deeper and longer than I do, had my permission to dive and place a kill shot should it be necessary. After 30 minutes we started pulling in a foot of bungy at a time, Brandon on one float, me on the other. This went on for 10 minutes and we were not making any head way.

The fish began to tire and we were careful to keep the lift pressure constant until it was within range. I took BrandoníƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¾í‚¢s riffe gun and went down, as it came into view its head was slowly rising and it started to roll. The big fish was dying.  I could see that the first shot had hit the lateral line between the caudal dorsal and anal fin, about 2/3s back from the head. A tail shot. Like marlin, tuna have very large vertebrae and huge inter-vertebral discs. They do not swim by wagging their tails; if they did they would have large wide tails. Instead the muscles running length ways compress the spine increasing the rigidity of the fish, this raises the resonant frequency making the tail beats invisible like the ring of a tuning fork. The significance of the tail shot was two fold, firstly the size of vertebrae make them easier to hit in this part of the fish, secondly if you can break the rigidity of the column the fish caníƒÆ’í‚¢íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¡í‚¬íƒÂ¢í¢â‚¬Å¾í‚¢t generate the same thrust. It explained why the fish could not take the two hippos down into the depths.

I wasted no time in taking the second shot.  It was good, just below the pectoral fin, The fish shuddered and died. Brandon could see me rising through the water punching and whooping and screaming with the delight of the kill, I hit the surface to hear the others joining in. It was a moment I had often visualised, pouring over my copy of Blue Water Hunting by Terry Maas, checking and rechecking my equipment for weaknesses, questioning guys like Darren Shields and Paul Marlin that know about spearfishing. It had all come together and Brandon, Eddy and Leigh were part of it, and I realised the humans hunt best as a pack.

Now the fish had two riffe ice picks in it, but it was not on the boat. It was late in the day when I had shot the fish and overcast and gloomy, the southerly was rising and with it a 1.5m sea was running. The water colour was changing into shades of darkness; we had a long way to go home in an open boat (as far as the Three Kings is off shore). Diving to secure a rope on the tail I came up a foot short, returning to the surface wide-eyed at the size of the fish. Brandon followed with a longer rope and wrapped a few coils around the tail. There was no time for photos or poses, we were worried about sharks. Having come this far we had one thought. Secure the fish.

How do you get a 200kg fish over the pontoons of a small boat? This is where the experience of Eddy and Leigh came to bear.  A gaff under the chin, and side on to the oncoming sea used the rising waves to slide her in. It was not easy or safe. I lay in the boat beside the magnificent fish trying to comprehend it all. Eddy and Leigh took us home. It was dark when we got in, another group of spearos came alongside, as we collected ice from the wharf. We shared a good meal and drinks. 

The last thing to say is this. I was diving with a friend one day and he blacked out and died.  He was a very good diver, working hard to improve. Patience is essential to achieving spearfishing goals, building up over years not months to them, always putting safety first. Shooting Bluefin tuna off Greymouth is dangerous and not the best place to start bluewater hunting. 

Graham"

;) MAS CLARO  AGUA   :P

Desconectado Umberto

• Ha sido agradecido: 1 veces
« Respuesta #11 en: 10 de Agosto de 2006, 09:56:20 am »

En las fotos publicadas de surafrica podeis ver exactamente el punto donde se hacen esas incisiones y tengo un video en donde se las hago dentro del agua a un atún recién capturado (eso fue un error aprendido al ver el video ya que mejor no hacerlo en el agua si existe la posibilidad de atraer tiburones).

A ver si nos concretas las fotos, porque yo sólo veo sangre por todos lados...  :P

Es que no me acuerdo del todo bien...  ;)

Un saludo.

Javi.

Predator

• Visitante
« Respuesta #12 en: 10 de Agosto de 2006, 12:37:15 pm »
pedazo bocata que sale del bicho :o :o :o

Desconectado Marco

• Usuario + 10.000 posts
  • Ha sido agradecido: 2244 veces
  • Miami, Florida
« Respuesta #13 en: 10 de Agosto de 2006, 07:50:24 pm »
Lindo atún! Quizás si algún día yo....
Un mal día de pesca es SIEMPRE mejor que un buen dí­a de trabajo

Desconectado TRASKI

• Usuario + 10.000 posts
  • Ha sido agradecido: 3798 veces
  • costa brava (sur)
« Respuesta #14 en: 11 de Agosto de 2006, 09:37:12 pm »
algun alma caritativa se prestaria a traducir el relato? ;D, esq por muchas vueltas que le dé, no creo que lo llegue a entender, jajaja, seguro que no soy el único, asi que al que lo haga, que dios le conceda una captura semejante a esta, jajajaja.
saludos, y buena pesca!!
pd:Gracias de antemano!! ;)
<( La pesca submarina, mi otro mundo )>
Llegar a viejo pescando, es mejor que buscar la pieza de tu muerte.

Tags: